Terms and Conditions
- Website supply terms
- Our products and age restrictions
- Ordering an item
- Price and payment for items on sale
- Suggested donation amounts
- Damaged/Faulty Goods/Not as described
- Cancelling your order
- Free gifts
- Vouchers, special offers and discounts
- Your personal information
- Our liability to you
- Specialist waste and recycling
These terms set out the basis on which we will supply items from our shop to you (whether on sale or offered on a complimentary basis), so please read them carefully.
We may amend these from time to time, and the changes will take effect from the time we publish the revised terms. However, the amended terms will not apply to any orders that we have already accepted before this date.
If you have any questions about these terms, please contact us to discuss these before placing your order.
You can contact us in the following ways:
- by email at email@example.com
- by telephone on 0300 123 4408
We try to ensure that all items displayed on our website are in stock and available to order. However, where items are temporarily unavailable for any reason, we will endeavour to indicate this on the website.
We try to ensure that our products match the images and descriptions on our website, although sometimes there may be slight differences in size, colour, and design.
We sell or make available a range of products on this website, including products for children. However, to order items from this website, you must be at least 18 years old or under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian. We do not sell or make available products to children.
Please note that we may withdraw items from sale or supply in the event we run out of stock or for any other reason. We may do this at any time and without notice.
Your order is only accepted by us (and a contract formed) when we send you an email notifying you that your item(s) have been dispatched. Any products on the same order which are not referenced in our dispatch e-mail do not form part of that contract.
If we cannot supply you with some or all of the items you have requested for any reason, we will contact you and explain your options. If we cannot supply you with the product or service you ordered, we will inform you of this by email and where payment has already been taken, we will refund you. We may not be able to accept your order as a result of one of the following:
- the product you ordered being out of stock;
- we are unable to obtain authorisation for your payment;
- we have identified a pricing or product description error;
- you have asked us to deliver your order to a location outside of the EU to which we do not offer delivery; or
- you have attempted to use a voucher or special offer more times that is permitted, or in a fraudulent way.
If you wish to change your order at any time, please let us know as soon as possible. We will try our best to accommodate your request, but this may not always be possible. If we can’t make the change you require, or we have already sent your item(s) to you, you may consider cancelling your order (see “Cancelling your order” below).
All prices displayed on our website are in pounds sterling, and inclusive of VAT. All applicable delivery charges are also displayed with each item.
We may change the price of items at any time, but the price you will be asked to pay is the price displayed on the website when you place your order. However, while we try to ensure that the prices shown on our website are up-to-date and correct, occasionally errors do occur:
- if we notice this before we have accepted your order, we will contact you to confirm whether you wish to purchase the relevant item at the correct price, or cancel your order;
- if we have already accepted your order before noticing this mistake, we may still cancel your order if the error was an obvious one that you could reasonably have recognised as a mistake and you do not want to pay the correct price.
For orders placed via our website, we accept Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, American Express and JCB cards. We also accept payment via PayPal. All card payments are subject to authorisation by your card issuer. However, if we do not receive your payment and you have already received the products ordered from us, you must pay for the products or return the products ordered from us in accordance with reasonable return instructions that we provide and in the same condition that you received them at your own expense. If you do not do this within 30 days of the date on which we cancel your order, we may collect or arrange for collection of the products at your expense.
You will own the item(s) you have ordered once we have received payment in full, but we will remain responsible for it until we have delivered it to the address you gave us when placing your order (see “Delivery” below).
Currently there is no purchase price to obtain one of our suggested donation items (such as World Cancer Day Unity Bands), although you may be required to pay the delivery charge (see below). Instead we encourage you to make a donation to Cancer Research UK to help support the charity’s life-saving work. We may suggest an appropriate amount to donate but donations are voluntary and you are free to donate more or less than the amount suggested or make no donation at all. We reserve the right to withdraw items from our “suggested donation” offering and put them on sale, although we will not charge you for any orders placed before this change is introduced.
We deliver throughout the UK (except to offshore territories). We also deliver to countries outside the UK. If you live within the EU we can liaise with your chosen delivery company if we currently do not deliver to your country.
Various delivery options are available. For further details of these delivery options, prices, countries we deliver to and timeframes, please go to the delivery page of our Site.
We shall not be responsible to you for any delays in the delivery of items that are caused by events outside of our control. However, we will contact you as soon as possible to notify you of any such events, and we will try to minimise the effects of any delay.
You have a legal right to return any item that does not match the description on our website, is not fit for its intended purpose or is not of satisfactory quality. You are entitled to a refund (as further set out in our returns and refunds page if you tell us this within 30 days of receipt of the item, or you may request a replacement item instead. In either case, if the item was purchased, you will need to return the item in question to us. For more information, please see our returns and refunds page.
You are entitled to cancel any order you have made on our website, email or telephone for any reason (including if you simply change your mind) up to and including 14 days after the day on which you receive your purchase unless your item:
- is made to your specification or clearly personalised;
- is likely to deteriorate or expire rapidly (such as items of food or flowers);
- becomes inseparably mixed with other goods after they are delivered to you;
- is sealed for health protection and/or hygiene reasons and the seal is broken after the item is delivered to you; or
- is a sealed audio or video recording (such as a CD and DVD) where the seal is broken after the item is delivered to you
If you cancel your order before we dispatch it, we will refund all sums you have paid to us for that order (including the delivery costs paid by you, up to the amount charged for the least expensive kind of delivery service we offer) no later than 14 days after the day of you telling us you want to cancel.
If you wish to cancel your order once you have received it, you should send the items back to us as soon as possible, and in any event not later than 14 days after the day on which you tell us you want to cancel your order. You will be responsible for the costs of returning the items to us.
We will then refund you the following sums:
- the purchase price; and
- provided that you are returning the entirety of your order, the delivery costs paid by you, up to the amount charged for the least expensive kind of delivery service we offer,
These will be paid within 14 days after the day we receive the item back from you or you providing evidence that you returned the item to us (if earlier). We will make reimbursement using the same method as you used for your initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise.
Please note that we may make a deduction if the value of the item has been reduced as a result of your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop. If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the item, and later discover you have handled it in an unacceptable way, you will be required to pay us as appropriate.
Please note that we cannot offer a refund for any item where a suggested donation was made at the time the item was ordered as this is an optional payment and not a payment for the item. Cancer Research UK is only permitted to return donations in limited circumstances if we can establish the making of the donation was a genuine mistake or there are other legal grounds for returning the donation.
For further details of how to cancel and return items, please see our returns and refunds page.
From time to time, we may advertise special offers on our website. These free gifts are only included as part of your order and are not offered on a standalone basis. If any part of the order is returned for a refund, we reserve the right to deduct the value of the free gift from your refund if they are not returned too.
From time to time, we may issue special offers or voucher codes, for example for free delivery or discounts on orders. Please note the following, and contact us if you have any questions about redeeming a voucher code:
- unless otherwise stated, you may only use each voucher code and benefit from each special offer once;
- the total value of the voucher code will be applied against the total order including VAT. If the item(s) purchased total less than the value of the voucher code, the remaining balance cannot be carried over or used on future purchases. If your order exceeds the amount of your voucher code, you must pay the balance;
- some voucher codes may only be used to purchase certain item(s) from this website. Where this applies, you will be required to pay in full for any additional items you wish to purchase as part of the same order, even if the value of the promoted items you are purchasing is less than the total value of the voucher code;
- if you have to return goods for credit originally purchased online using a voucher code, then in most instances you will receive another voucher code to use on a future purchase;
- additional terms and conditions may apply to voucher codes, discounts and special offers. These will be notified to you in conjunction with the relevant voucher code, discount or special offer;
- we reserve the right to terminate voucher codes, discounts and special offers at any time and without notice to you.
We use the personal information you provide to us in order to supply the item(s) you have ordered to you and to process your payment. Your information will be accessed by Paragon Customer Communications Limited (of Paragon Customer Communications Ltd, Park House, 16-18 Finsbury Circus, London, EC2M 7EB) our order fulfillment providers, in order to send you your order.
With your consent, we will contact you to let you know about products, offers and discounts from the Online Shop, the progress Cancer Research UK is making and to ask for financial and non- financial support.
We are responsible for any foreseeable loss or damage you suffer that is caused by our breach of these Terms or our negligence. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is obvious it will happen, or if both parties knew it might happen at time the contract was formed.
We do not in any way seek to exclude or limit our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so, including for:
- death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- any breach of your statutory rights under sections 9-11, 13 and 14 of the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (i.e. items must be of satisfactory quality, fit for purpose and match any description, samples and/or model provided); or
- defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987
We only supply items for domestic and private use. You agree not to use items ordered from this website for any commercial, business or resale purposes, and therefore we shall have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
Buying a new electrical or electronic item from us? We will recycle the one you're replacing for free. Simply bring the old electrical item in to one of our shops within 28 days, show us the receipt for the replacement purchased either in one of our shops or online, and we'll do the rest.
Electrical and electronic equipment is now the fastest growing waste stream in the UK and across the world. Recycling and reusing unwanted electrical or electronics can help save the planet, boost the economy and improve lives. Not only that, electrical and electronic equipment (EEE) contains materials, parts and substances which can be dangerous to the environment and harmful to human health if not disposed of correctly.
Discover the impact of reusing and recycling your electricals at Recycle Your Electricals.
What can I recycle?
Anything with a plug, battery or cable can be recycled or reused. The materials from recycled electricals can be used in everything from children’s playgrounds to lifesaving equipment. You’ll find this symbol on all your electrical items. It is a reminder to recycle your old electricals, rather than binning them.
This online shop is operated by Cancer Research UK Trading Limited, a wholly-owned subsidiary company of Cancer Research UK that Gift Aids all its taxable profits to the charity. Cancer Research UK Trading Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with its registered office at 2 Redman Place, London, E20 1JQ registered company number 4355631 and VAT number GB788 1386 78.
These terms are governed by the laws of England and Wales, and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction in all disputes arising out of these terms and any item(s) ordered from this website.
If a court finds any part of these terms unlawful or unenforceable for any reason, this shall not affect the rest of the terms which will remain valid and enforceable.
This contract is between you and us. Nobody else has any rights under or in respect of these terms.
Even if we delay in enforcing any of these terms, we can still enforce them at a later time. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of any breach, it will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
These terms and conditions do not in any way affect your statutory rights.
Last updated 19 January 2021.