Fantastically Great Women Scientists and their Stories
Prepare to be inspired with this fantastically great new series for young readers from bestselling author Kate Pankhurst, descendent of suffragette Emmeline Pankhurst. In this first book, read the true stories of amazing scientists and discover things that are out of this world!
Women have been responsible for many of the world's most groundbreaking scientific discoveries. These are the stories of incredible female scientists whose hard work and persistence changed our understanding of science, and transformed people's ideas of what women can do.
- Reach for the stars with the first African-American woman to go into space Mae Jemison
- Explore volcanoes with the fearless Katia Krafft
- Invent a treatment for malaria with the determined Tu YouYou
- Make scientific discoveries that will change the world with Marie Curie
Including comic strips, family trees, maps and more, Fantastically Great Women Scientists and Their Stories is a celebration of women who made some of the world's most important scientific breakthroughs. A fantastic gift for girls and boys alike!
List of women featured: Mae Jemison, Marie Curie, Elizabeth Blackwell, Janaki Ammal, Caroline Herschel, Katia Krafft, Tu Youyou and Rosalind Franklin.
This book is part of our STEM collection - a range of books and activities to encourage children into science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
- Fantastically great women scientists and their stories by Kate Pankhurst
- ISBN: 9781526621412
- 184 pages, paperback book
- 13 x 20 cm
Standard UK delivery: £3.99
5-10 working days
Free delivery on orders over £30
UK Next Working Day: £6.99
If ordered before 1pm, Monday to Friday.
Return within 30 days